1. A complete model of health and healing. As an Integrative Medicine doctor, I will strive to provide care that stretches way beyond taking pills designed to treat signs or symptoms, and rather emphasizes preventing diseases.
2. Patient Responsibility. You can expect to take control of your own health and discover how you can live a fulfilling and enriching life—if you are willing to pay the price of recommended lifestyle changes.
3. An Optimal Healing Environment. Hopefully you will find a warm inviting office without the typical interruptions found elsewhere. I want my space to be a healing sanctuary that promotes calming meditation.
4. Time for Doctor to Listen to You. First, and foremost, I will strive to listen to what you need to tell me. It’s the most important part of what I need to know to help you.
5. Education. Through this website, consultations and small-group health-care classes, my goal is to help you understand what is going on with your health, and how and why what we are doing is going to make it better.
6. Prevention. Our focus is on being healthy and preventing disease instead of settling for symptom control.
7. Relationship. I will get to know you. You will come to know me. Together we will work to enrich your life.
8. Nutrition coaching. I will talk to you about what you are eating, and how it is affecting your health. You will learn to make changes, but be careful not to become overwhelmed by trying to do too much too fast. I will help you to gradually optimize your eating habits. Food is not only necessary for life; Food is medicine; Food is relationship.
9. Partnership. Your success is my success. I’ll be your coach for a healthier you. This may include: designing your exercise regimen, idealized for your needs, physical and emotional; giving you book and movie recommendations; and, if you like, discussing what you are reading, or watching, and what kind of influence these are having on your health and life.
10. Mentorship. I will seek to understand your goals and aspirations, and help you to figure out how to achieve them. I will help you connect to a wider community and develop the relationships and support you need to be healthy, and to be a vital and respected part of that community.
*Modified from those of a colleague in the “Ideal Medical Clinic” movement.